Wednesday, July 8, 2009

recall memory: group counselling

thrapeutic use of the group is same with group counselling?
i recall back my memory on the group counselling as the beginner i will asked myself
the teory i learn from my lecturer, and from the Jacobs& Masson is just a guide, but, i think if i am not applying, this skills will eventually lost one day...
  • what are the advanteges of leading a group?
  • what kinds of groups are there?
  • How to start a group? do i need to prepare the informed consent letter?
  • What types of groups i want to run? do i need to do screening? if yes, how am i going to do...
  • what happens in groups?
  • what do i prepare for my group?
  • what do i do if no body talks?
  • what should i do of someone talks too much? or attack th other members
  • What leadership style should i use?

after i attending the workshop, on 5.7.09
i found that, actually the concept still remain the same, just the intervention part be more fun, using a lot of expression, and body movement...

the element of creativity and arts, i seldom do for my group.
i used to run growth group and stress management group for staff with structure activity, and only be doing for 6 session,

besides, as my experience to do the support group is with dialysis patient. This experience is precious, and really make me think of taking care of my kidney. All the experience of group, is likely to be related with my internship attached under Hospital Serdang, and this is 2 years back now... hahaha

Just like Alex mentioned in workshop, some people start a group because specific requirement, and academic needs for graduate. Hai~~ i am one of it who used to do this ....

poor me...

learning in this workshop, i think will better enhancement on my own group skill

i know, this is not easy, as role playing with children really make me feel anxiety. dealing with adult, not make me scared that much.... maybe i am afraid of not knowing how to communicate or working with children (especially the special needs)

on 4th July 2009, i am giving a talk on child development psychology (Basic psychology for middle and late childhood 7-12 years olad), what i get from the participants' feedback is they would like to know more about the solution how to deal with special needs children. All the participants from teaching club. (tuisyen class)
the demands can't be fulfill, as i only have two hours with them, so, what i am trying to say is, i know, it is how hard to deal with special needs children.

12th July will go for Min See training on play. hope to make myself understand more abou the play with children, and apply in groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment